Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Men and Women in Uniform who I am Grateful for!

To this year of Thanksgiving I must put forth my gratitude to the Men, Women, and their families who make such a great and tremendous sacrifice on our behalf, that we all so easily take for granted. I had the honor with my brother to create a non for profit foundation called Bands For Freedom Foundation, Inc. back in 2004. Just after the LIVESTRONG silicone wristband craze, I decided to come up with a company to make these bands and created Fan Bandz Corp. which was a for profit company. After several weeks I felt this silly wristband had so many verticals to go after that I choose to start a 501 (c) 3 Non For Profit Entity called Bands For Freedom. Together with my brother and a good friend, and with the support of many super star athletes, and Country music stars such as Rascal Flats, Darryl Worley, Sara Evans, Sawyer Brown, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Charlie Daniels, and countless others, along with Rulon Gardner the famous wrestler, and even the Utah Jazz Bear and Utah's own Senator Orin Hatch. Through the internet alone we were able to raise and donate to the Armed Forces Relief Trust $255,000 in just about one years time. We had the support of Military.com and it's many great people like Chris Michaels, and his assistant Ashleigh. I was fortunate to be on Dayside with Linda Vester, Geraldo Rivera Live, NBC affiliates in Chicago, San Diego, Jacksonville, Florida, and many talk shows all over the country. While in Jacksonville, we had the special opportunity to be there the day the USS Kennedy returned from the Gulf, and to witness those sailors come off that gigantic air craft carrier and see them meet their loved ones was a emotional experience I will never forget. These men and women put their lives on the line for each one of us here in this great Country The United States of America, for which we all take for granted on most occasions. These men and women are not taken care of the way they need to be, as they risk THEIR OWN LIVES AT THERE CHOICE FOR ALL OF US. You can see in one of the photos above I was lucky enough this past November 4, 2008 on election night to run into a injured marine who sacrificed his body to protect his fellow marines and children from a roadside bomb by jumping out in front of and on top of. He lost most of his site, can barely walk, and has countless surgeries. I luckily had on one of my Camo FREEDOM bands from BFF, which I rarely wear much anymore. But as I spoke to this incredible man who said he would do it all over again and go back if he could, I knew I had put that wristband on for some reason, and I needed to give it to him. To you men, women, in uniform, and your families. At this time of thanksgiving I want to express my gratitude and heartfelt thanks for all that you do for all of us in this Great land of AMERICA. God Bless you All!

No comments: